Around the traps
- Here at because writing is my vice I talk about reading and writing, and list some favourite books.
- Over at Ripping Ozzie Reads I talk about judging literary competitions and grant applications.
- And very soon I'll be appearing in the Fablecroft blog's series of posts about indie presses.
In other news, in early October I'll be in conversation with two authors, two nights running, about their new books:
- on Monday, 10 October, I'll be at Better Read than Dead bookshop in Newtown, talking to Krissy Kneen about her new book Triptych: an erotic adventure
- and the following night I'll be in conversation with Mette Jakobsen (not giving a public lecture, as that article says) about her haunting novel The Vanishing Act at the Io Myers studio at UNSW (always wanted to have a look in there; I pass it on the way to my day-job).
As well as all these shenanigans, I'll be on Pakistani radio with Mahvesh Murad soon, recording next Thursday, airing Saturday—this interview will be put up on her site shortly after, so non-Pakistani audiences will be able to hear me talking about writing, and listen to some of the music I like.
And I've been doing some writing (you know, of stories) as well, short stories for my Twelve Planets boutique collection, which will probably be coming out in February next year in print, then will be published as an e-book shortly afterwards.
And I've been reading for the next novel. But I shouldn't say anything about that just yet. More as it firms up.