Yes, I've fallen out of Adelaide Writers' Week, all dazzled by the sunshine and glory, and straight into frantic preparations for Australian Writers' Week in Beijing. Here's what I'll be doing:
- giving a speech at an International Women's Day breakfast
- going on a panel with Janette Turner Hospital and Ouyang Yu about "Storytelling on the world stage", at Renmin University (Tuesday 13 March at 3.30pm)
- panelising with Mark McKenna and Maria Tumarkin about "Real and imagined worlds: the impetus of story" at Tsinghua University (Wednesday 14 March at 1.30pm)
- talking about "Desire, despair and transformation" with Janette Turner Hospital at the Bookworm Literary Festival (Thursday 15 March at 5.15pm)
- visiting a school with the Bookworm migrant schools program
- visiting students at the Western Academy.