14 July, 2010

Crikey, another week's gone by!

Not much to report here - still working on a short story (but that'll be a given for the next 6 months). This one was due last weekend; I think I'll have it done tomorrow. I just have to ramp up the tension in the second half, so that it's more of a surprise when the little guy kills the overbearing one.

Must get this story and another (a shorty - only 3000 words!) completed by the end of July. There's a third one it would be good to get substantially started on by then, too.

Didn't win a Shirley Jackson. Still not king. :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Greg G said...

I'd be suspicious of exactly what you'd win if you did get the Shirley Jackson award. Maybe everyone else in the room would start hefting a rock...

...or maybe you just get some extra sugar in your tea.

14 July, 2010 21:22  
Blogger Among Amid While said...

When I was shortlisted last year, they sent me a stone in the mail. So yes, I guess it's best not to attend the awards if you're likely to win.

15 July, 2010 19:53  
Blogger MarshaD said...

The Lottery was the first truly scary story I read. Apparently, when it was first published in the New Yorker some readers cancelled their subscription (we'll have none of that, thank you) or sent her hate mail.

17 July, 2010 09:52  

Post a Comment

<< Home