02 January, 2008

Publications: 2007 wrap-up and 2008 plans

I'm doing this here mainly so I can refer to it myself, because I'm losing track of the short stories. But also to skite; 'tis the season to skite. Also to announce intentions for the year ahead. Everybody's doing it. And I didn't make a list of books-I've-read-this-year or books-I-liked this year, so...

In 2007, I had the following work published:
  • The Lost Shimmaron 2: The Singing Stones, ABC Books, September
  • Red Spikes (US) Knopf, October 9
  • 'Reflecting Glory', Foundation 100 (UK)
  • 'She-Creatures', Eclipse One, ed. Jonathan Strahan, Night Shade
  • Chapter 'Afela' in Click: One Novel, Ten Authors Scholastic/Arthur Levine (thanks, Yennie!)
In 2008, I'm pretty sure the following will be published:
  • 'An Honest Day's Work', The Starry Rift, ed. Jonathan Strahan, Viking
  • 'Heads', Candlewick war anthology, ed. Patty Campbell and Marc Aronsen
  • 'Ferry-Man', Firebirds Soaring, ed. Sharyn November
  • 'The Fifth Star in the Southern Cross', Dreaming Down Under 2, ed. Jack Dann and Janeen Webb
  • 'The Goosle', The Del Rey Book of Science Fiction and Fantasy, ed. Ellen Datlow
  • Tender Morsels, Allen & Unwin (Aus.), Knopf (US), David Fickling (UK), October
And in the next few months I'll be working on:
  • a Sunburnt Realm story
  • a sideshow story
  • a steampunk story
  • a GLBTQ story
  • a modernised fairy-tale
  • a beastly-bride story
  • a unicorn story
I think that's it for actual obligations. If I promised you a story and it's not in this list, squeak now.

I'd also like to write an identifiably YA novel, and start another one for the crossover audience Tender Morsels will appeal to, but so far I have no idea what would be in either of those. I'll see what's left when the dust clears from those seven stories I owe people.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eclipse One is a 2007 publication! I haven't read your story in it, but I've had it for a month or two... Very nice.
Oh ok, you have it as "Viking", so maybe only the US version is out?

And I managed to get a copy of Foundation 100, loved your story in it!

02 January, 2008 18:45  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Annoying! WordPress is meant to identify me by this blog, but it decided to go to the silly WordPress blog...

02 January, 2008 18:47  
Blogger Among Amid While said...

Hi Peter. Sorted. Thanks. :)

02 January, 2008 20:12  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Steampunk! Yay! Have you read any China Mieville? I recommend The Scar to begin with.

09 January, 2008 14:25  
Blogger Unknown said...

Click was a 2007 publication, too.

15 January, 2008 19:56  

Post a Comment

<< Home