I filled up this 4-day weekend by:
- drafting one short story to the end, typing it up and printing it out for (probably quite a bit of) further work
- probably half-drafting a second story which I'm rescuing for a previous draft, which I wrote right to the end but which somehow never really got up from the page and started breathing
- reading several manuscripts on the Vogel longlist—I've now got 2 shortlistees
- reading half the children's and YA New Work (Developing Writers) Literature Board grant applications
- going for a 36km bike ride down to Sans Souci
- attending this panel at the Graphic festival—it was fascinating. Made me think we need more 1.5 hour panels at litfests. I know the panellists were wiped out by the end of it but it was great for the audience.
- eating (in and out, with and without friends)
- sleeping (in).
Oh yes, a smidgin of tweeting was done, too.