08 August, 2010

A good (long) weekend

I filled up this 4-day weekend by:
  • drafting one short story to the end, typing it up and printing it out for (probably quite a bit of) further work
  • probably half-drafting a second story which I'm rescuing for a previous draft, which I wrote right to the end but which somehow never really got up from the page and started breathing
  • reading several manuscripts on the Vogel longlist—I've now got 2 shortlistees
  • reading half the children's and YA New Work (Developing Writers) Literature Board grant applications
  • going for a 36km bike ride down to Sans Souci
  • attending this panel at the Graphic festival—it was fascinating. Made me think we need more 1.5 hour panels at litfests. I know the panellists were wiped out by the end of it but it was great for the audience.
  • eating (in and out, with and without friends)
  • sleeping (in).
Oh yes, a smidgin of tweeting was done, too.

2 Comments:

Blogger Peter Hollo said...

Hi Margo,
I saw you at that panel, but failed to go up and say "You're Margo and you're awesome! EXCLAMATION MARKS!"
Sorry!

I played in Concert Hall with Neil Gaiman the night before, so I had plenty of "starstruck fan" going on all weekend (and Neil's absolutely lovely. Eddie I already knew...)

But I thought it was lovely you were there, and I imagined you would've had a lot to say about quite a bit of the stuff discussed. A well-moderated, cool panel.

PS I hate Blogger's insistence on a few not-very-useful ways of authenticating, so I'll just be Google-Peter for this purpose.

08 August, 2010 19:50  
Blogger Among Amid While said...

Thanks, Peter. It was a good panel. I wish I'd taken notes, though, because now I can't remember half the wise/funny things that were said. You should have come up and said hello; I was just standing around being a fangirl myself. Was very interested in all the page-to-stage stuff, seeing as the 'Singing My Sister Down' premiere is this week. What will they DO with it?! How cool to have been part of the Saturday night event, too; that sounded fantastic.

09 August, 2010 07:56  

Post a Comment

<< Home