13 July, 2006

ACT Writer's Centre workshops

Yes, and this weekend I'm giving 8 hours of workshop at the ACT Writer's Centre, which I would tell you about, but it's already fully booked (mostly by people I know, who already know perfectly well how to write and why aren't they off writing instead of heckling me from the back of the classroom?), so there wouldn't be much point.

However, should you be thinking of getting in line for a stand-by ticket, there will be 2 hours of worldbuilding, 2 hours of plot talk, 2 hours of characterisation, and 2 hours of talking, thinking and working on language and voice (yes, you'll be made to swear and sing).

Go here for details. (It's the Short Story Intensive workshop.)

Which reminds me, must go off now and devise more fiendishly difficult and embarrassing things for my students to do. Heh-heh.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Margo, your workshop on the weekend sounds excellent - all the best with that. I'm sure you will let us know when your next Melbourne one is...I also wanted to thank you for incidentally helping me to get my own blog! I was trying to write one to you and next thing I was making my own. I've had 68 'hits' in a couple of days and lots of fun learning how to do it. Not hard, but time consuming! So thanks! If you want to see it, it's www.delwyne.stephens.blogspot.com. Cheers, Delwyne

18 July, 2006 21:05  
Blogger Among Amid While said...

Hi Delwyne, and welcome to the wonderful world of bloggery! I've no workshops scheduled for Melbourne in the foreseeable future, but you'll certainly see them here if they come up. Have fun with the blog - open up the comments so that people can talk back to you! Best, Margo.

18 July, 2006 21:40  

Post a Comment

<< Home