08 November, 2006

I am not dead,

only injured.

Sunday morning, on the way to the start of the Sydney-Wollongong bike ride, I came off my bicycle going down a hill in Enmore, knocked myself out for a minute or two and broke my right collarbone. I can now confirm that those nurses and doctors at the RPA are just as nice as they seem on their show on the telly.

May I also bring to your attention the achievement of my colleague Amanda Fong in being the first woman over the line in the 'Gong. Clearly my blood sacrifice worked - actually, there was very little blood involved. It was more a matter of bruises. And invisible (but not inaudible!) broken bone.

My helmet now has a spectacular flat patch on the right temple, which makes me very thoughtful, and grateful.

And my typing is sloooow, which means that large parts of my life have slipped into low gear. Which is probably a good thing. Except, of course, for all the pressing deadlines...

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ouch! I hope all heals well.

08 November, 2006 19:21  
Blogger lili said...

serves you right for doing Exercise.

how dare you endanger those precious typing fingers??

get better soon.

08 November, 2006 19:35  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

jesus fucking christ! heal fast. (this is why i don't ride a bicycle.) xxoo

09 November, 2006 00:20  
Blogger chance said...

Hmmm, I have possibly commented three times and you are awash in get better wishes or my sacrifice to the ether monster has proved inadequate.

Get better soon!

09 November, 2006 01:16  
Blogger Jason Erik Lundberg said...

Waaugh! Well, if you had to crash, at least it was spectacular. Get better soon!

09 November, 2006 01:42  
Blogger Dave said...

Oh no! Glad you're (relatively) OK. Get better fast!

09 November, 2006 02:38  
Blogger Trent Walters said...

Take care, Margo.

09 November, 2006 04:42  
Blogger Amy Fiske said...

Owie! Thank god for helmets. May you convalesce quickly.

14 November, 2006 04:59  
Blogger Among Amid While said...

Thank you everyone for the sympathy and kind wishes! And yes, Perry, multiple copies of Red Spikes flying out bookshop doors will have a direct restorative effect on both bone and soft tissue! :)

29 November, 2006 21:01  

Post a Comment

<< Home