- Tender Morsels is due at Allen & Unwin at the end of July.
- I meet Lee to read aloud a chapter (possibly most of chapter 11, which I've been working on the last few days) tomorrow at two.
- I meet the full draft-buster workshop on the weekend of 14–15 July.
- I have the merest whisker of tech. writing to complete, this week or next.
- I have to (start and) finish a short story in July, and (rewrite) a different short story in August.
- I'm attending a week-long workshop 30 July–3 August, so 'the end of July' effectively means getting the ms. into the email box by start of business 30 July.
Right now I'm finishing the revision I started in April–May, which is a combination surface edit and notes-for-later. It's kind of merged with the next revision, which will be all about getting the balance of the characters' story-threads right - i.e. the mother's at the centre, the daughters' taking over at the end - and all the different voices consistent.
I'm going to blog daily on my progress just to reassure myself that I'm moving.
*reaches virtuously for glass of water*
*goes to bed for 8 hours' sleep*