17 August, 2007

Un-embargoed news I

Red Spikes is the Children's Book Council of Australia Book of the Year: Older Readers!

And Shaun's The Arrival is picture book of the year - well, of course it is!


Anonymous jonathan said...

Yay for Margo!! Had my fingers crossed for you. Your acceptance speech was wonderful too.

Shaun Tan had to win, there was never any doubt. I was also really happy for David Cornish getting an honour book mention - he seems like a super nice guy.

17 August, 2007 21:36  
Blogger Among Amid While said...

Thanks, Jonathan - yes, I was sitting next to David; I can verify that he IS a super nice guy! And I'm glad you liked the speech - I had a couple of goes at it before I managed a tone I liked.

17 August, 2007 21:53  
Blogger Misrule said...

Hey Margo,

From Town Hall Station to the winners circle! So very happy for you—and now I want to read your speech.

More congratulations than I can express.

Judy x

18 August, 2007 00:43  
Blogger Kt said...

Yay Margo!
I had a phone call today from a friend (who's the YA librarian at Mosman Library) to tell me the good news and ask me to pass on her congrats too.

(Up late editing DE Block 1 procedures - still!)

18 August, 2007 00:49  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go Margo. Congrats! CW seems so far in the past now, doesn't it? Looking forward to getting my hands on a copy here.


18 August, 2007 03:17  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yippeeee!! Congratulations!

Please, please post your acceptance speech here...


18 August, 2007 08:59  
Blogger James Roy said...


Congrats on a well-deserved win. Wow, a book of short stories winning the CBC - it gives some of us hope...

James Roy

18 August, 2007 11:20  
Blogger Among Amid While said...

Hi Judy: Embargoed news is the most uncomfortable thing to carry around (on top of all Steven's art supplies and Harry's sushi!

Thanks, Kate: My sympathies - DE again? I thought they were done and dusted. Ian is making noises about getting me back to TULO in September; I'm strenuously thinking up schemes to keep going as a full-time writer... Thanks, and thank your friend at Mosman, too!

Dan, that decade-iversary is looking awfully close. You should get Red Spikes in Canada pretty soon - it's due for North American release on 9 October.

Thanks, Jane. Next blog entry will be the speech, I promise.

And Jim - yes, go short stories! Perfect YA reading - pretty good for growed-ups, too. May they (the stories, not the grown-ups) never die.

18 August, 2007 15:13  
Blogger Amy Fiske said...

Congrats from across the pond! Rock on, sistah!

21 August, 2007 03:08  

Post a Comment

<< Home