30 January, 2008

Waah!

Not everyone loves my Click chapter! Rita the Bookworm says she 'just read the most wonderful little book', of which almost every chapter moved her close to tears, but:
I was disappointed by the last two chapters though. The second-to-last took a bizarre twist for the science fiction. It was written by Margo Lanagan, who I’ve never heard of. I had a very hard time understanding what was going on in her chapter at all though. Some of it was a different twist on Nick Hornby’s chapter, but I didn’t like it.
The Maguire chapter comes in for a serve, too, though, so I'm not the only dud. And she still recommends the book—just stop at the end of the third-last chapter, people.

In other news, a certain teenager must return to school this morning, so no mucking about with selkies or dwarf-maidens before 8.30.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bahahaha! Well, I really can't wait to read it now :) It's on my shelf, but my unread books shelf is actually about 4 or 5 shelves, eek.

30 January, 2008 16:07  
Blogger Among Amid While said...

Move it up, Peter. It doesn't take long to read. And Rita says that just about every other chapter except mine and Gregory's will move you to tears - you can't resist that, can you?

31 January, 2008 08:04  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wah! I'm sorry to hear about the stupid Bookworm review. I just got a 3Q from Voya for Starry Rift, so I can empathise.

31 January, 2008 10:39  
Blogger Among Amid While said...

3Q must still be pretty high, though - maybe they go down as low as -10Q! Anyway, I loved that antho; there aren't many anthologies that I can read end-to-end with such enjoyment. Everyone, go out and buy The Starry Rift: Tales of New Tomorrows. It's a great bunch of reads!

31 January, 2008 11:46  

Post a Comment

<< Home