05 November, 2009

No, no, NaNo

Everyone in the world seems to be doing NaNoWriMo this year, and I'm enjoying the blog posts by participants and by sage advisors like Maureen Johnson and Justine Larbalestier.

I'm not nano-ing, though. If NaNoWriMo had been August–September, I would have, but now I've got (count them!) 70,000 words of selkie goodness that require more in the way of poking, prodding, resculpting and spakfilling than they do whole extra arms of plot development.

Which is what I've spent today doing. I wrote maybe 5 pages, but I covered some tens of pages of manuscript with tiny-tiny green corrections as well. And I cut out chunks, and added chunks. And I wrote myself notes, including notes about what to write myself notes about, to work out various questions that might turn into interesting pieces of story. It's not wordcount, but it's writing. It wasn't 'fun', but it was totally absorbing. I'm looking forward to the rest of November.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home