Plans for 2011
- Yellowcake short story collection (in Australia)—March
- the selkies novel (in Australia)—September
- a quartet of stories from Twelfth Planet Press—not sure when.
There will be writing:
- yes, that quartet—it's one-quarter done, kinda
- 2 other short stories by end January (both drafted)
- one other short story by end February (drafted but in need of remaking, not completely from scratch, but nearly).
However, I've got this NSW colonial novel that I want to get started on, and it involves a nice distracting pile of research—and no deadline as yet—so I'll probably kick on with that.
Also I might, you know, come up with a story idea or two that's not already promised to someone, and have a go.
But there's also the day-job (3 days a week, confirmed until end of February at this point) and a couple of Literature Board commitments to fulfil (policy meeting Feb, assessment of grant apps, May-June), as well as...
- early March—Perth Writers Festival
- mid-May—Auckland Writers and Readers Festival, with added lollygagging around the North Island, I hope
- June–July—trip to the US, including teaching at Clarion West. A couple of other teaching possibilities are being explored at the moment—will let you know as they're finalised.
What kind of a year have you got lined up? Or are you trying not to look too closely yet? :D