24 June, 2011

From the Twilight zone

Well, what do you know, here I am in Forks, Washington. I'm not even a Twilight fan, but it's fascinating to see how the books have invaded the town. I'm staying in the hotel that says "Edward Cullen did not sleep here!" so I should be pretty safe from infection/attack. We arrived yesterday, and explored the Hoh Rain Forest and Second Beach at La Push today. Tomorrow we'll move on south.

All this is part of a lengthy ramble around Washington State, with perhaps some incursions into Oregon. We caught the Coast Starlight up from LA last Wednesday week and noodled around in Seattle for three days, shopping and acclimatising, looking in the odd museum and gallery. Then we went off to Whidbey Island and then across to Port Townsend, along the top of the Olympic Peninsula to Cape Flattery, the most north-westerly point of the US. On to Forks etc.

One more week's worth of sightseeing and it'll be Clarion West time—the new class will just be being broken in by Paul Park at this point.

No, it's true, I'm not getting a lot of writing done. :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

There are so many different ways this new series has made its mark on our society it's fascinating and I've been enjoying blogging about it. It has been a beautiful experience to read all Stephanie's books just because she is such a talented writer with such imagination. Due to the type of hobby I entertain, I need access to my services at home so I recently got a Sling Adapter from Dish Network for free thru a mail in rebate and it gives me the ability to travel with my little iPad companion carrying my movies and programming with me that I require. http://bit.ly/lfqr3r. My work for Dish Network requires a bit more travel then I might like which takes me away from my blog. But, having the Sling Adapter gives me access to all the research material I need so when I return I am ready to sit down and write. I love movies but I am thrilled to be watching the entire backlash that this Saga is producing on the public and writing about it on my blog. It's fascinating and fun and leaves much to the imagination. Plus I’m sure Forks, Washington is beautiful and serene and hopefully one day I’ll write a blog from there. I think my readers would appreciate that.

24 June, 2011 15:10  
Blogger raych said...

*waves from slightly north and slightly west*

25 June, 2011 00:16  
Anonymous rental mobil said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

25 July, 2011 17:48  

Post a Comment

<< Home