03 January, 2012

Tender Morsels is published in Russian

Translated by Nadia Sechkina—we corresponded by email during the translation, and at the end she wrote me a lovely email saying: "You know, I had not shed a tear during the 4 months of translation, but I really wept over the book, several times, when I was editing my work as if I was reading about Liga and her daughters for the first time."

So you can be sure it has lost none of its grab-you-by-the-guts-and-shake-you effect in the translation.


Blogger Bon said...

Yay for getting published in another language in another place! If it gets someone emotional it MUST be good! Congrats!

03 January, 2012 10:14  
Blogger Astrid said...

I love the cover for the Russian version too!

03 January, 2012 20:14  
Blogger Harry Markov said...

The cover is a delight. Simply stunning. Let's hope the Bulgarian translation, if there will ever be one, comes with a half as good a one as this.

I think that the reason she didn't cry at fist hand was because translation works on a technical level first and then on a comprehensive level [bigger picture] during revisions. That much I can say from personal experience.

04 January, 2012 00:15  
Anonymous frey said...

This book was so lovely.It should have been translated in different languages.Very touching and so true.bulgarian translation or in any translation it would be a blast.Thank you for sharing this.

23 May, 2012 13:32  
Anonymous kltranslations said...

I loved your website is because i have take many information through your site.

KL Translations

07 August, 2014 20:34  
Anonymous BDS Translation said...

This is interesting, I love and appreciate it. Keep it on move

26 August, 2014 18:34  

Post a Comment

<< Home