31 October, 2006

I am not dead,

just doing a lot at the day job.

Book news:

Red Spikes was published on 7 October by Allen & Unwin here in Australia.

'Perpetual Light' from Black Juice has been anthologised by Barry Oakley in Encounters: Modern Australian Short Stories, and the back cover lists as selling points, 'Compelling short stories by Tim Winton - Sophie Cunningham - David Malouf - Peter Goldsworthy - Margo Lanagan - Anthony Lynch'. :)

'Under Hell, Over Heaven', from Red Spikes will appear in Jonathan Strahan's Year's Best from Nightshade.

'A Fine Magic' from Eidolon I has been accepted into Rich Horton's Year's Best.

'The Goosle' will be published in an anthology Ellen Datlow is putting together for Del Rey.

Busy month.

3 Comments:

Blogger Peter Hollo said...

Glad you're alive!
I got Red Spikes a couple of weeks back @ Kino, and loved it. Also was equal parts amused and disturbed by your perversion of Norman Lindsay for the latest Agog antho... eek!

I still haven't found Eidolon I. Do you know if it's actually available outside of the convention where it was launched? I guess I should ask Jonathan Strahan really ;)

31 October, 2006 22:17  
Blogger Trent Walters said...

Congrats, Margo!

01 November, 2006 10:21  
Blogger Among Amid While said...

Hi Peter. I'm glad you liked RED SPIKES and 'A Pig's Whisper' - see today's news (4/11). I can't say I've seen EIDOLON I around - but I've been keeping out of those temples of temptation, bookshops, as much as possible lately. :)

Thanks Trent - and thanks for the updates in earlier comments. It's great to know the gang's all doing so well!

04 November, 2006 07:02  

Post a Comment

<< Home