11 May, 2006

Agog! Ripping Reads

I'm happy to be able to tell you that my story, 'A Pig's Whisper' is being published by Cat Sparks in Agog! Ripping Reads, which will be launched at Conflux 3.

I just got the proofs today, so it's really happening. This will be the first story of mine to be published since Black Juice came out in March 2004; the poem in Kids' Night In 2 has been the only other new piece that's come out. Everything else has been reprints, which are good in their own way but don't give me the feeling of progress that a new publication does.

It'll also be my first publication in an anthology of original short stories - yes, I'm building my career completely arse-about. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Peter Hollo said...

Quick! Get a story into Asimov's or F&SF. Then you can progress to Lady Churchill's Rosebud Wristlet, and eventually the Holy Grail: getting a story into some small-press photocopied-and-stapled zine that nobody's heard of, featuring all the writers who will be hottt in a few years' time.

(PS Actually LCRW is of course awesome...)

11 May, 2006 10:57  
Blogger Among Amid While said...

Peter: Snort. I was thinking I could just put some stories up here on the blog...jus' quietly, so hardly anyone would notice.

Niall: Oh yes. There was that. But it kind of rode in on the back of the others. It's not like being ACCEPTED all over again. The gratification index is lower. :)

17 May, 2006 17:17  

Post a Comment

<< Home