17 May, 2006

And another story

I've just signed the contract for a story of mine, 'The Goosle', to go in a non-themed anthology of science fiction, fantasy and horror that Ellen Datlow is editing for Del Rey.

It's an icky, sticky, extension-of-Hansel-and-Gretel story, not, I don't think, YA. Horribly fun to write.

I'll let you know when it's due to come out.

My only regret is that Ellen didn't like the changeling story, 'Daughter of the Clay', enough to publish it as well. However, that one's going in the new collection, Red Spikes, so if you're Australian (or friends with an Australian) you'll be able to read it before Christmas.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jonathan said...

So, that's a bunch of new stories coming. There's "The Point of Roses", "A Pig's Whisper", "A Fine Magic", and the stories in RED SPIKES. WooT!

18 May, 2006 09:49  
Blogger Among Amid While said...

Thanks, Jason!

That's right, Jonathan - there's 'A Fine Magic' AND 'An Honest Day's Work' coming out as well. I hadn't forgotten, I was just trying not to announce until I knew when they were coming out - but then I went against my own system with 'The Goosle'. Do you have pub. dates for Eidolon/Starry Rift?

18 May, 2006 11:16  

Post a Comment

<< Home